[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Continued Problems (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 19:34:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: gweaver <gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Continued Problems (fwd)

At 12:39 PM 4/29/98 -0600, you wrote:

> [...]

I had the same problem.  My .25" safety gap would fire all the time. With
safety gaps and my output dropped to about half.  I increased the spacing of
the safety gaps and my output got better each time I increased the safety
gaps spacing.  I tried several different types of chokes, fried a few,
several arces along the sides, and finally I found something that worked.  I
then removed the safety gaps completely and rely entirely on the chokes.  I
have a choke design that works very well. I get white hot 76" discharge
sparks from my 6" TC on 3200 watts.  I tried series resistors on the neons
and later removed them too.  I blew 7 neons in the learning process.  I
don't have a rotor but I get excellent output with my variable speed RQ
vacuum spark gap, 8 gaps .25" each.  I used a Lincoln arc welder as current
limiting on my 18KW transformer.

Gary Weaver