[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Xfmers-110 to 220 (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 12:50:01 EDT
From: Boombast99 <Boombast99-at-aol-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Xfmers-110 to 220

In a few weeks I'll be making a trip to a country that uses 220v as the
standard line voltage.......I have a large supply of 15kv NST with the
primaries rated at 110v.I plan on bringing some friends a medium size
TC........would I be able to use 2 -15kv NST and run the primaries in series
using the 220v line voltage and of course hooking up the secondaries in series
to the tank circuit of the TC? Any problems here?.........Also their A/C
voltage is 50hz,but I don't think that will matter except a little different
tuning from 60hz? I want to take every thing with me and won't have time to
search for local 220v NST.
 Thanks, Dan