[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Demos and Experiments? (fwd)

----------
From:  Mike Harrison [SMTP:wwl-at-netcomuk.co.uk]
Sent:  Thursday, May 07, 1998 6:48 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Demos and Experiments? (fwd)

>1. Put a large 60 watt (6" diameter, clear) lightbulb on top - super
>plasma globe. Philips' bulbs seem to work very well. With larger coils,
>get plasma display inside, and streamers outside the bulb. Works
>similarly with 300W or large 1000 watt stadium lights as well. Also,
>sometimes a burned out light bulb will preferentially ionize at the end
>of the broken filament - the filament will often become incandescent at
>this point adding to the display.
I've got photos of 1000 and 1500w bulbs operating in this 'mode', plus
fun zapping CD's & other stuff on my site :
http://www-dot-netcomuk.co.uk/~wwl/electric.html
   _/ L_/  Mike Harrison / White Wing Logic / wwl-at-netcomuk.co.uk  _/ L_/
 _/ W_/  Hardware & Software design / PCB Design / Consultancy  _/ W_/
/_W_/  Industrial / Computer Peripherals / Hazardous Area      /_W_/