[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Continued Problems (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 17:38:39 MYT
From: Sulaiman Abdullah <sulabd-at-hotmail-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Continued Problems (fwd)

>To: "'Tesla List'" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>Subject: Continued Problems (fwd)
>Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 01:04:31 -0500

Just butting in here .....

Impedances transformed from primary to secondary follow the square
of the turns ratio, e.g. 1H on the primary of a 1:100 transformer
would appear as 1H x 100^2 = 10,000 H.

Sulaiman.

P.S. There's a HUGE difference between putting an inductor in the
primary vs. the secondary because resonant rise CANNOT exceed
the input voltage rating of the Xfmr primary due to core saturation,
an inductor on the secondary side allows (theoretically) any
ammount of resonant rise.
Please tell us how you construct your 10,000H 30 kV inductor!