[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Dayton ham and cheese fest (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 13:53:21 PDT
From: Bill the arcstarter <arcstarter-at-hotmail-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com, tesla-2-at-emachine-dot-com
Subject: Dayton ham and cheese fest

Coilers,
 Jeff Harvey (of tesla-2) and I survived day 1 of the Dayton Hamfest.
But - I didn't get to John Heck's booth until about 1:00 - and he
informs me that two or three fellow coilers were there at about 12:30!
Sorry to have missed you guys- drop me an E-mail off-list if you were
there! (I don't know who it was...)

I WILL be there at booth 2634 at 12:00 saturday sharp, unless there is a
torrential downpour or something...  Incidentally - this booth is one
row away from the Mendelson's MECI tent - the side with all the books.
John will not be there tomorrow (he says) so the spot will be empty
except for whoever is standing around...

So - what'd I get so far?  Lots of stuff! - 6-plug outlet strips for $1,
12 and 120 V muffin fans for $1, 1200 volt 100 amp 3-phase bridge
rectifier modules for $5, and an HP 204C sig gen (demo'd as working) for
$50.  I probably paid too much for that - but HEY - it works and I
wanted it!  Didn't see any doorknob caps, ignitrons, or anything really
industrial...

Also saw some possible tesla/HV buys at the Nebraska Surplus place - 40
KVDC 0.04uf pulse caps for $119, HV knife switches, Jennings vacuum
contactors and vac caps, etc.  Someone else had a 100uf 10 Kv Maxwell
pulse cap for (!) $450...

Hope to see you there tomorrow!  Bring your suntan lotion as it was 94
and clear today...
-Bill