[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re. Reactive to resistive ballast ratio of sqrt(3):1 ? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 17:29:16 -0600
From: terryf-at-verinet-dot-com
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Re. Reactive to resistive ballast ratio of sqrt(3):1 ?  (fwd)

At 02:07 PM 5/15/98 -0600, you wrote:
>From: Gary Lau  15-May-1998 1423 <lau-at-hdecad.ENET.dec-dot-com>
>Subject: Re. Reactive to resistive ballast ratio of sqrt(3):1 ?

SNIP.........................
>Could these networks also
>be affecting coil performance?  Certainly a much harder problem to model,
>given the lack of a good model for current-limited transformers.

I have a spice model that accurately predicts my 15kV 60mA neon.  It can
easily predict voltages with different complex loads and such.  Open load is
15kV and a short is 60mA.  Anyone who wants it can E-mail me and I'll send a
JPG image of the schematic.  Basically it is two transformers (to get the
center tap).  The coupling on each is 0.955.  The primaries are 0.2375H and
the secondaries are 3711H.  There is a 2373 ohm resistor on each leg.

        Terry

terryf-at-verinet-dot-com