[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Primary Transformer Question (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 08:59:11 -0400
From: John Heck <jkh-at-lexis-nexis-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Primary Transformer Question

Folks,
Here's a real newbie question for someone. I set out to Mendelsons
Surplus to look for a neon sign transformer, being informed by a
friend who works there that they had some around, and what I found
was a huge transformer that looks like it could light broadway.
What I had in mind was a small one like what one would find on a
bar window beer sign, etc. The books/plans I read just call for
a neon sign transformer, and don't seem to make mention of size.
What's going on here? What size ttranny do I need for a, say, 250 KV
coil project? Thanks very much.
 Regards,
John Heck, KC8ETS
1009 Donson Drive