[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Primary Transformer Question (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 08:48:25 -0600
From: "D.C. Cox" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Primary Transformer Question (fwd)

to: John

For your first coil project try either a 12 kV 30 ma or 12 kV 60 ma neon
(NST).  These are reasonably easy to find from large city neon sign shops
and if you are a young person who is "working on a school science project"
sometimes they might even consider donating one to a worthy cause.  The cap
match would be a .005 MFD value for the 30 ma xmfr or a .01 MFD value for
the 60 ma xmfr (NST).  This should get you off to a good start and good
luck.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net