[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Colorado Springs - Tesla Expedition (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 22:50:54 -0400 (EDT)
From: richard hull <rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Colorado Springs - Tesla Expedition (fwd)

At 12:22 PM 5/21/98 -0600, you wrote:

> [...]

Wrong!  It is the Union printers home.  Still there today just beyond the
park.  R. Hull

It is still there from Tesla's day.  I had the
>photos reproduced and computer sharpened.  If this building still exists (it
>looked like the type of building that was going anywhere), It would
>positively lock the location of the lab.  Apparently, the lab was at the
>crest of a small hill with a rock base.  There are a few wood construction
>buildings in the pictures but they may have changed considerably.  I assume
>this type of information is how Richard Hull triangulated the site.
>Hopefully, I will make it down there next week.
>
>        Terry Fritz
>

>Yes, I did work it out on my own (for verification's sake), but the first
work on the matter which actually pin pointed Kiowa and Foote streets was
done in the 80's and it was printed up as a research paper in some Tesla
related periodical which I can't remember.

In the Colorado Springs Notes both the school for the deaf and blind and the
Union Printer's Home can be seen in various shots of the lab.  The deaf and
blind vacility is real tought to see and is at the opposite point on the
compass to the Printers home.  Printers home was to the rear and right side
of the lab as you face the front entrance and the School for the deaf and
blind could be seen looking out of the front door.  They are both still
there, but can't be seen from Kiowa and Foote streets intersection. (Too
urbanized and grown up)

Richard Hull, TCBOR