[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

detailed TC plans (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 11:53:42 -0400
From: Fred Decker <fdecker-at-csi-dot-com>
To: tesla <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: detailed TC plans

I have visited some of the WEB sites and am about to try a larger coil
than the little solid state one I built.  I may try to hook a new cap and
neon to the existing primary and disconnect the electronics, or I may wind
a new one.

I want the get the best coil I can build that will work with one or two
30ma/12k neons.  What kind of primary do I need to what secondary?  I
assume I need a cone shaped primary?  What angle?  Do I have to unpot the
neon?  What value of capacitance?  I was thinking of a RQ gap, are there
detailed construction plans out there?  I don't want to have to do too
much experimenting, I just want nice sparks. <g> I also want good coronal
discharge.  I figure why invent the wheel, as there is probably a system
that already is designed to deliver the best possible performance in this
configuration.  Thanks.

Fred