[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Wire Insulation Thicknes

----------
From:  Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com [SMTP:Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Thursday, May 28, 1998 11:32 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: Wire Insulation Thicknes

<<
  I believe was seeing the E-Field shaped in blue corona as a result of
ionizing
  the nitrogen when the energy was high enough in the sshot mode in the non
 break out mode - smoothe torus surface - such that eye sensivity is maximized
 in total darkness.  Study of the corona/field reveals where spark channels
were
 likely to form more dense events (a whispy air discharge or as a ground plane
 approaches a bright power discharge).  In the absense of a close plane
 influence to the top, the ability to physical view of the nature/shape of the
 E-Field, most prominent at the top but also encomapassing the upper
 secondary is informative as to pri/sec position, tuning, coupling, Ctop shape
 and position, etc.

 Looking forward to more "visions" and relevance to field study & influence.

 Dale >>

Dale,

When I used to run my 6" coil in the basement (which was quite dark),  as I
cranked up the variac and just before breakout, I would see a beautiful blue
intense field that was in the exact shape of a Christmas tree.  Starting at
the primary and extending clear to the top of the secondary.

Ed Sonderman