[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: foil enamal caps

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Matthew Shaffer" <dfive10-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>

> How about using sheets of fiberglass that were resined with epoxie as
> the dielectric?  You could make up a number of the sheets on some flat
> mold like a cookie sheet, then place your foil between them once they
> were cured.  I do not know about the dielectric constant of epoxie and
> fiberglas, maybe someone else could comment on that.
>
> Making up the fiberglass sheets would take a while, but you could make
> them almost any shape and size and thickness depending on the design of
> the cap.
>
> Just an idea,
>
> matt
I had thought of a similar idea, but using printed circuit board
matterial.
You already have the plates on both sides that is if you are using
double sided
circuit boards.  You would have to trim back the copper around the edges
of the board, but after that, no problem, unless fiberglas is lossy?

Jeff