[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Halloween night, CP cap {con,de}struction

HI Chip,

> Original Poster: Chip Atkinson <chip-at-pupman-dot-com>
<snip>
> > Just for the record, CP stated on the outside of my units that they
> > are rated for 120BPS max.
> >
> > Malcolm
>
> Interesting.  These caps came from the first batch that Scott Meyers
> ordered.  I bet that they didn't realize that they had to put that
> stipulation on them until some other people toasted theirs.
>
> Chip

Did they not state the break rate on yours? They did on my
original units. I believe they also did on their price list and
I also heard something to this effect when the purchase was being
organized.
     We also know that they tested them at a rather low break rate
which wasn't even close to being representative of static gap
operation. I remember Robert Stephens commenting at the time. If they
weren't in a TC though that might have been reasonable to a degree as
they would have been subjected to lots of reversals.
     Do you know what the failure mode was yet?

Malcolm