[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Nitrogen laser power level and gas mixture

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Bryan Kaufman <bryan-at-apexrad-dot-com>
>
> Doug
>
> There were several posts on this some time back, I'm still trying to
> catch up on the older posts, There seems to be a wealth of information.
>
> Seems to me, that according to some of those in the know, that air will
> work if the voltage is high enough but liq N2 is better, it's pretty
> cheap too, the dewar flask will be the expense. I wonder if you can use
> a medical oxygen concentrator to extract the O2 and just keep the N2?
>
> Bryan Kaufman

Check out the Sci American book Light and its uses. It talks about
getting nitrogen for Small's N2 laser (featured in Amateur Scientist)
using a flame to remove O2...

--
Jim Lux                               Jet Propulsion Laboratory
ofc: 818/354-2075     114-B16         Mail Stop 161-213