[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Laser Triggered Spark Gap

    A laser triggered spark gap can work better than the regular spark gaps,
but the temperature of the beam, and the color are both majorly significant
to that effect.  Einstien use UV to ionize zinc, if you push the UV hard
enough you'll wind up with a electron positron pair that will eventually
anihalate each other.  So, obviousely you would prefer a UV laser, and use
Mecury Vapor.  I wish you all had an encyclopedia of physics, because this
would all be in there.  That is one book in the library, that I found a way
to buy.  Mecury without the phosphor coating on the glass only seems to emit
UV as a major component of it's output as a result of ionization.

    But the internal workings of your lazer configuation would have to be
changed.

____________________________________Glass Envelope__________________

        ___________________electrode______________________________

R        R|

1|
5
0|
0
0|
%
%|

This is a pumped laser configuration similar to those used for entertainment
puposes.

The Flavored Coffee Guy