[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Triggered Spark Gaps - Why Not?

Hello List.

I'm sorry for not making myself a little more clear. I don't think the
threads concerning triggered spark gaps should cease. Experimentation with
TSG configurations could potentially yield insights and improvements for
Tesla coils. However, I believe it is necassary for some of us to play the
role of devil's advocate, especially when complex and inappropriate
technological solutions are suggested.

Any Tesla coil design is a compromise between theory and constructability.
I strongly believe that any design improvements that are not "good,
practical, or cheap" are not really improvements at all.

Safe coiling,

Gavin Hubbard