[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: PSpice modeling of spark gaps

At 11:49 AM 11/9/98 -0700, you wrote:
>> Original Poster: "Malcolm Watts" <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
>>
>> The real problem I see with sbreak is that the gap is not a fixed
>> resistance but one that varies with current. What do the decrements
>> produced with the gap model stuck in a resonant circuit look like?
>

>If Rbreak is sufficiently smaller (<0.1) than Zpri,
>will its non-linear action noticably affect operation?
>
>Has anyone added an op-amp and current shunt to Sbreak
>to more closely model the quenching?
>--
>

>-GL
>www.lod-dot-org

Hi Greg,

	Gary Lau and I were discussing this today.  The values of Von and Voff
define a transition region for the switch.  This allows the program to
remain stable during the switch transitions.  It is rather strange the way
the model does this but they seem to know what they are doing.  I will
forward you and anyone else who is interested our off-list information on
this.  The instructions explain this but the PDF file does not convert to
pure text well.

BTW - I was wanting to post the MicroSim Demo but I don't have enough
server space :-(  I guess they have a demo CD they will send you.  This is
a good deal because it has all the help info included too.

	Terry