[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: T&R pole pigs..

In a message dated 11/10/98 8:35:57 PM Pacific Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:
-  snip  -
<<
 > Dont you guys check your local electric company?  I have have been offered
 > by my electric company 5 50kw government issue pigs, and can choose some
 > other smaller kW pigs from the 1940s.  My experience has been electric
 > companies will bend over backwards to help an experimentor.
 >
 > Ben Bouxsein

 Would you mind telling us how to find someone in the electric company that
 knows
 what your talking about? Who do you ask the secretaries for?

 --
 	-- Jacob Roberto >>

Jacob,

I bought my 5kva pole transformer from the local utility company.  They tested
it, checked the oil for pcbs and sold it to me for $100.00 - quite a good deal
I realized later.  I talked to the person in charge of Investment Recovery.
This job probably goes under many names, but his task is to sell all the
excess and used equipment, wire, etc.  It will help a great deal if you sound
like you know what you are doing.  Tell him exactly what you want (example,
two bushing, 5kva, 14,400 volt) and tell him what you are going to do with it.
You will probably have to sign a hold harmless agreement in case you kill
yourself with it.

Ed Sonderman