[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Equa-drive system

>     I suspected that with the higher power the quench is a lot harder to
> get,  but that is why I put in the quench gap.  It has eight pipes ( 1.75"
> dia x 2"long) and has a plenum with a 150 cfm blower forcing air through
> the 1/8" gaps.

What is the gap between each pipe? My 'vacuum' gap is 9 pipes -at- 0.026 for
a total gap of about 0.20 for 14.4KV. Mind you, these pipes are 5" long,
1"dia,
as the 3" pipes would not quench at 1.4KVA

[And where were you lucky enough to find 1.75" copper pipe, you dog! :) ]

Michael Baumann
Coiler, Homebrewer, Nerd. mycroft-at-access1-dot-net