[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: streamer hit

Gary,
  My coil is always running above 5 Kw. An 80 in plus streamer just
missed me acouple of nights ago. There was a large grounded object
between me and the coil. I thought I was safe. The streamer went right
passed the ground and struck the contactor. It was destroyed. I was only
a few feet from the contactor. The frequency of my coil is about 180
KHZ. This might be a stupid question however I'll ask it anyway. Do you
think this would be fatal ? I'm going to build a faraday cage just for
safety. What do you think ?

paul m