[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: info for beginners

In a message dated 11/16/98 1:27:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> I think what beginers could benifit from is a list of equations.  That
>  way they could at least why they work if not how how they work.  Also,
>  info on the theory behind them like how tank circuits and resonance
>  works is something that is barely touched upon(besides saying it works
>  like a swing, bell, pendulum,etc...).
>
>  My two bits,
>     Chris, the tesla coil enthusiast thats never built one, via the
>  inter-thingy

I have a lot of good info on my web site for beginners with some basic
knowledge of electronics and a list of Tesla coil equations. I have
explanations of oscillation and resonance.
http://members.aol-dot-com/electronx/

There is a large collection of information on Bill Beaty's Tesla page also.
http://www.eskimo-dot-com/~billb/tesla/tesla.html

There is some information posted on the TC Mailing list site.
http://www.pupman-dot-com
The page below has dielectric constants for many different capacitor materials
and TC equations.
http://www.pupman-dot-com/howto/MATH.TXT

If you are a new coiler and don't know much about electronics, then I
recommend that you find some good books that explain AC circuits. That helped
me a lot when I was first starting out. Check your local college or a good
library.

hope this helps some of you
Matt Behrend