[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Spinning pipes

Hi Reinhard,

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: RWB355-at-aol-dot-com
>
> Hi Bart,
>
> Sounds like a really interesting aproach to an RSG. From your description it
> sounds like it looks similar to a Dirod (electrostatic generator built by
A.D.
> Moore). Of course yours is switching electrons (not makin em). While reading
> your post I came up with (what I think) might be a neat idea. How about
> building a dual "cage" setup. I.e. one cage is mounted on the motor and a
> second larger cage is mounted around the first. Even with a low number of
> electrodes you should be able to get a pretty high BPS rate at a low rotor
> rpm. (meaning less damage from thrown electrodes, less balancing problems,
> etc). I donīt have any concrete plans yet, just some thoughts.

I like this idea. It's one I hadn't contemplated. This may actually be
easier to
build to a very tight tolerance as compared to spinning pipes. hmmm... If
someone
else doesn't, I might.

> Or how about your design with the two rotary disks moving in opposite
> directions? This, too, should increase the BPS rate for a given rpm. Or how
> about going one step further: Two squirrel cages inside each other
spinning in
> opposite direction. This should really "up" the BPS rate

Uh oh. That one sounds like a lot of work. In either case, timing pulleys and
belts are required which adds to the motor load. Even on my gap, the motor
used is
probably to low on torque at high rpm.

Bart