[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ignition coil measurements

Sulaiman Abdullah

    The bleach works alot faster than plain water, if you have shavings that
are thin, but ultra fine steel wool almost instantly converts to iron oxide.
When the water is overloaded, and runs out of oxygen, you'll need more.  So,
the aquairum air pump, and the airstone were important.  The frequency
response of iron oxide is so much better that most other substances, and
Fiberglass resin hardens within a half hour solid.  It costs as much a the
paint per gallon roughly.  Expensive would be using Acrylic, which hardens
just as fast as fiberglass resin, but is nearly bullet proof at about an 1
inch thickness.  Neither promote eddy currents, and help to avoid extra
heating of the core caused by that induced current.

    The cost of steel wool per pound I haven't looked into lately, but 1, to
3 dollars US the last time I looked.  I used to go hunting for the sales at
the Hardware Stores, for that seldom used item.  I kinda watch those things
that I want, and how long they sit there on the shelf.

    Sweeping the floor does sound eccentric, but when I worked as an
Electronics assembler they thought as much about me, because I used to wait
for circuit board contracts to finalize, and then take the surplus chips,
and transistors home.  They wouldn't let me take the resistors, unless there
was more than 5,000 of that value, and precision, and the same was true
about capacitors.  Typically, the contractor would buy bulk, and then quit
once they had the robots to replace me, and my co-workers.  Tecktronics
bagged it, for their own bots, and I don't doubt that first medic did too..
I had a job building test, and medical equipment.  After 90 days what ever
they leave behind is ours, or mine.  I wish I still worked there.