[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ignition coil measurements

> Original Poster: Sulaiman Abdullah <sulaiman-at-lityan-dot-com.my>
>

> 3 mix the iron with polyurethane varnish and fill a 1" pvc pipe.(cheap)
>
> The inside will take eons to set/dry but it doesn't matter as the ends
> soon dry.

Around here, polyester casting resin costs less than polyurethane varnish,
and, of course, it would actually set in a finite time.

The other thing to try would be something that cures with heat. Why not a
mixture of flour, salt, and water (e.g. homemade playdoh) . It sets up nice
and hard when you bake it at low temperature, and you could make it runny
enough to pour into the form.
> This seems a reasonable way to make large cheap h.f. cores.

Indeed.. good idea.