[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Primary Q - A Brain Teaser

Aha!  You have to scope the primary alone to see the effect. Sshot is
just fine and can be easily captured on a storage scope. With no high
frequency filtering, the zero crossing spikes blur the picture
considerably but with some LP filtering, the (macro) envelope can be
observed in all its glory. There is no doubt this happens and it
happens all the time in the primary. Secondary discharges can range
from exponential with some air streamers to linear with others and a
massive and sudden drop in amplitude with attachment. Ironically, the
Corums mentioned it in their literature (first observed/postulated
around the turn of the century) but then went on to model the gap as
an ordinary resistance :(

Malcolm