[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tube pinouts

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Phililp Mac Duffie <shadow42-at-totcon-dot-com>
>
> I was wonderin how i go about finding what parts are what in my triode tube.
> (801) It has 4 pins on the bottom and one on the side. It looks like the
> side terminal (more like a stub) is the plate. The two larger pins are the
> filiment. What about the other two bottom pins? They do not conduct to each
> other. I one the grid and the other the catohde?
>  Thanks,
> Philip Mac Duffie

	Are you sure you mean an 801?  The 801 has a standard 4-pin base.  As
you look at it from the BOTTOM with the large pins (filament as you
figured) toward the floor, the left small pin is the plate and the right
one is the grid.  The " side terminal (more like a stub)" is probably
just the pin to engage an old bayonet style tube socket.  This is a
little tube, only 20 watts rated plate dissipation.  Filament takes 7.5
volts at 1.25 amps.

Ed