[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: IMPORTANT: RESEARCH ON WHAT?

Marco,
Of all T.C. parameters THE most useful would be analysis of spark/arc
characteristics presented for Ph.D. types, with a cook-book addendum for
us !
e.g.
For a given powerline frequency (e.g. 50 Hz) correlate spark length
against primary energy for various variables such as operating
frequency, coil type/size, terminal type/size etc., if you've time
formulate a cook-book (PhD-class) that tells us how to get the most from
a given input.
This is not easy as the 'Great Unknown' for T.C. operation is matching
available energy to best arcs.
All the rest of T.C. analysis is relatively straightforward,
ONLY the spark-gap and discharge arc characteristics are not
'parameterised'

my opinion ... Sulaiman  (a raw beginner)

> My questions are:
>
> 1. What is still not understood about Tesla Coils and what would be
> worth
> investigating about? In that laboratory I am confident I could, for
> instance, measure all the parameters of a TC you have always been
> dreaming
> about and try to make a model of it.

<snip>