[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Off-axis primary inductance

In a message dated 11/28/98 12:27:33 AM Mountain Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>  Actualy if you guys took a good look at the photos of Dr. Tesla's
>  colorado spring coil you would see that he to used an off-axis tunable
>  inductor to finetune his primary and secondary circuits. That is probably
>  how he was able to get such spectacular results with such a comparably
>  poor design.

Alfred,
I have seen this.  It just seems that no one today uses such a design and
almost always people try to minimize the inductance of the primary circuit
that is not actually coupled to the secondary.  I was just applauding the idea
of the tuning coil and will put one in my tank circuit in my lastest coil :o)
Mike