[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Concerning a Potential Transformer.

to: Chis

The BIL stands for Basic Impulse Level and is a maximum short duration
withstand test which simulates a lightning strike to the transmission line.
 The 15 kV rating is the max. possible short term operational potential the
transformer can withstand before breakdown begins to occur.  You can
normally run a potential transformer at 3-4 kva if you keep the duty cycle
short which is standard for most TC work.  Be sure to use series current
limiting with this xmfr --- do not run directly off the AC mains.  Your .02
cap is a good match for this unit with current limiting.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net