[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Choke sources

Hi Keith,
           Re your second query: the easiest way to calculate turns
for a required inductance is to use the manufacturer's published
induction factor (Al) for the core. You can determine this for
yourself by winding say ten turns on the core and measuring the
inductance (e.g. LCR meter, resonate with known cap etc.). Al is
expressed as nH/turn^2 by some core manufacturers.

turns = SQRT(L/Al)  or L = Al*N^2

Malcolm