[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ground current

Pual,
I think troubleshooting is best done when it is specific. Specifics will get
someone's attention from an experience they had. When you said the power is
totally disconnected, do you mean to transformer has not wires in or out?
High voltage disconneted? Input disconnected? These are things that will
greatly help. BTW, when I was referring to alluminum/copper connections I
was referring to copper wire with alluminum connectors. My house ( as old as
it is) has neutral connected to ground completed to an earth ground rod.
Houses are connected differently due to zoning laws, compliance to zoning
laws, the bonehead doing th job, and the inspection. I don't know how your's
is connected. I wouldn't worry about reading the voltage vs. the current.
You can have a circuit with a few thousand volts delivering 3 amps or almost
no voltage doing the same. You may very well have a floating ground causing
your discrepancies. Measuring current as you have done is a great way to
check for problems. Now you need to isolate the problem. Being more specific
may spark some experience in your delema.
Bart