[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RSG's different shape electrodes

> Original Poster: "Barton B. Anderson" <mopar-at-uswest-dot-net>
>
> Greg,
> for "fun" I contemplated your "for fun" hypothesis. I played around with
a few
> calculations and ended up with a RSG (electrode to electrode diameter) of
4.5
> feet in diameter to handle the 300 bps with 30 electrodes using 1/2"
diameter
> electrodes keeping the dwell in tact. Kind of cuious if I even came close to

1/2" seems a bit small.  The stationary electrodes
on Electrum are 3" wide, and they are consumed at
the rate of about 0.002" per min. of contactor time,
at a primary current of only 2800A pk.

The 1MW rotary would have to be able to dissipate
about 100kW to 150kW of heat, and UV radiation.

> the SCALER LAW? Also, being the Mopar guy that I am (and drive) I figure a
> Mopar 440 1978 Lean Burn would do the 300 HP without a sweat (with only one
> Bart modification to make it reliable for-almost-ever)!

Would that be a large bus radiator?  It's quite a heat
challenge to get full HP out of a stationary engine.

--

-GL
www.lod-dot-org