[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

my third coil

Original Poster: Doug Brunner <dabrunner-at-earthlink-dot-net>

"I bought a 100' spool of 10-gauge a little while ago. Problem is, unless I
have a
LOT of secondary windings to go with it, the inductance will be really low and
it'll waste a huge amount of energy in hysteresis losses. I'm going to try
to put
as many secondary windings on as I can, maybe 6400 or 10000 if I'm lucky
and can
rip open some unused transformers."

doug, all,
            I have a 280 lb spool of #10 square magwire in which i wound (last
night) my 720 turns onto my 9' tall 24" poly coil form!! This is exciting
stuff--check it out on my website!

--
Cabbott Sanders
Salem Oregon