[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New HBT info for Doug

How big an inductor will I need? Also, do you think using a combination of
resistive and inductive load is a good idea? I've seen that advocated in some
places. I'd probably use a low-saturation salt water resistive load (heat
buffer,
and a lot less expensive).
About getting wire from the old xfmrs--they're actually low-voltage
transformers,
and I'm pulling it off the 120-volt primary. The insulation *should* hold.
If I
can, I'll use all new wire, but I might run out.
As for the VA rating, I'm building about 6 kVA in, and about 2-4 kVA out
(hysteresis/eddy/etc. loss).
One other thing-what does HBT stand for? I've seen NST and MOT, but HBT?

--
           --Mr. Postman (Doug Brunner)
                <dabrunner-at-earthlink-dot-net>