[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Self-built power transformer

If thoughts are welcomed then mine are;
1 For 'robustness' I'd consider the insulation first, 14kV is
non-trivial
2 For a given 'robustness' of wire (thick=more robust) the 415V option
   would require 1.73 times more wire for the same output voltage
   leaving less space for insulation, (or same insulation thinner wire)
   I see no benefit using the 415V winding on 240V.
3 If you design for the 240V winding you could use the 415V winding
   for initial low power testing.
Sulaiman