[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Cap Experiments and more ?????

Rienhard,
I performed your same cap measurement. Except I the I didn't have the same
poly,
had only a trash bag (only 0.35mils). I ended up measuring 18.3nF flat, and
69.4nF
rolled. I was way off the calculated. Your measured value compared to
calculated
was:

Flat: ~6.5 times lower.
Rolled: ~ 6 times lower.

My measured value compared to calculated was:

Flat: ~ 3.3 times lower.
Rolled: ~5 times lower.

I want to do this test again using better poly as well as compare thick vs.
thin
poly. I'm expecting with thin poly, the margin for error is huge compared
to thick
poly's. This may account for both our findings. Unfortunately I didn't get
enough
time tonight to get that far. I'll post my results in detail next time.

Bart