[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Arc Impedance Study - Computer Models

to: Sam

Definitely not.  In most all systems the sec. first turn should be elevated
above the pri by 1 to 1 1/2 inches.  We use up to 9 inches in some of our
larger systems.  The idea is to set the coeff. of coupling so the double
"Camel's hump" doesn't occur which would indicate frequency splitting and
the division of energy into two separate freqs which then start "beating"
against each other.  You need a pulse generator or signal generator and a
scope to see the double hump, but as the sec is elevated the two freqs will
come together and this is the point for most efficient energy transfer and
good operational characteristics from the coil system.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net