[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ceramic Tank Circuit Caps

In a message dated 10/11/98 10:56:56 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Has anyone else been using ceramics?

Gwyn,
    I have been using some type of ceramic caps that I got as surplus.  I made
a bank that measures 0.0105uF at 30kVDC.  I have no idea what they were
originally intended for, but they seem to work well for me.  I have run them
for as much as 15 minutes with no problems.  I have not even noticed them
getting warm.  I placed them in a container and then filled it with paraffin
to prevent arcing between the copper plates I used to connect them in
parallel.  They have been doing well for me for about three years now,.
    I am about to try out some that I pulled from an x-ray power supply that
are rated at 20kV.  This bank measured 0.02uF.  I just placed them in paraffin
this weekend and hope to try them out this week some time.   Hope they do as
well as the other ones.
Mike Hollingsworth