[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: cut off my finger today

At 03:34 AM 14/10/98 -0700, Cabbott Sanders wrote:

> i got so much done on my 15 kw tesla coil tonight!!!  i built the
>entire
>base cabinet, base/coil junction, and wired 100' of 4 awg to my breaker
>box.. all was going well... until about 11 pm when i decided (against my
>
>conscience) to go ahead and start on my primary coil mounts.  as i just
>finished the last cut of plexi, my left hand got sucked into the
>blade!!!
>(low light conditions, foggy safety glasses) . i lost my left pinki
>finger (half of it) and lasserated my ring man pretty bad.
>after it was cut off i scrambled to find the cut off piece of finger,
>and there it lay atop of a 2x4, three feet off the ground.
>(rather a forboding sequence of events).

... Snip ...

EXCEEDINGLY SORRY to hear this :-(

However, there's probably a message in here for all of us.  Sometimes the
excitement of nearing completion of a project coulds our judgement .......

>Losing limbs in the name of tesla,

I suspect Nikola would be a little disappointed too !!!

Speedy recovery.

Regards,
mark

Mark Finnis					Hm:  61 8 8289 5205
Consultant, Intensive Care Unit			Wk:  61 8 8222 5042
Royal Adelaide Hospital				Fax: 61 8 8223 6340
Adelaide  SA  5000,   Australia			Mbl: 041 2324268
http://www.health.adelaide.edu.au/icu/