[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New FCC proposed rule may exempt Part 15 'Damped Wave'

"> The FCC has issued a Notice of Proposed Rule Making (NPRM) with an
exception
> to the longstanding prohibition against 'Damped Wave Emissions' as part of a
> new class of "Ultra-Wideband Transmission Systems" (UWB) operating at
> bandwidths exceeding 1 GHz or even 10 GHz.  The FCC may allow these
> "DC-to-Blue-Light" emitters under a modified Part 15, or it may open a new
> Rule part to deal with UWB systems."

	UWB, or "impulse" transmissions are spread over such a wide spectrum
that they really won't produce interference to other services.  Also, in
normal practice, they are at frequencies well in excess of 100 MHz.  In
the case of our TC's, which typically have a decrement of the order of
0.02 to 0.1, the fractional bandwith is relatively small and, since they
operate at low frequencies, the potential for interference is much
greater than for UWB.  The only thing that saves us now is the fact that
the coils are very lousy radiators.

	Stay away from the FCC!  They can have no answer but NO!!!

Ed