[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A Vote for a Common Language.(Schematics) To: Gary Lau and all

I think it would be very useful and informative if a lot of the people
on this list were to start using the same schematics entry and circuit
simulator tools so we could exchange files and get peer review and
approval of our Tesla coil ideas. I know that many of us, myself
included, have been sent "out in the weeds" by foolish assumptions
make about the written circuit descriptions we read about on this list.

At a minimum I would suggest that we all take a poll and try to come
up with a concensus over which shareware/freeware schematic viewer and
simulators to use. We really should all be speaking the same language.

My vote goes to Microsim's P-Spice since a free "only slightly
crippled" version is available all over the web and many people are
familiar with it however, I will be quite happy to bow to popular
opinion if some better smaller or more common solution is suggested.

With a little collaboration we could come up with a "super model" that
should be able to predict most coil behaviors and allow us to simulate
a lot of these, not so great, "great ideas" before we waste our time
and money building them.

As the saying goes a picture is worth a thousand words. A simulation
tool such as P-Spice would be even more valuable.

P.S.

Hey Gary Lau:
I am interested in seeing that P-spice Tesla coil file you made so I
can run it and see if it can help me iron out a few of my own wrinkles.

Thanks:Steve
adder_black_the-at-yahoo-dot-com
Dallas Texas