[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Vacuum Tubes

 Original Poster: "Stephen G. Stanton" <ulflyer-at-i-cafe-dot-net>

Hi Stephan,

My apologies to you.
In this case you are (of course) correct. Maybe I should have looked in a tube
substitution manual?!? (Altough I´m not sure if I would have found this one in
a german manual.) Very interesting construction. Was this tube a military
unit? This might explain the dual filament. Do both filaments heat the total
tube or is it divided into multiple (seperate) tubes in a single galss
envelope.? I have seen tubes with ct´d filaments, but never a tube with two
completely seperate filaments. What was the idea behind this scheme ?

coiler and tube greets from germany,
Reinhard

 Reinhard,

 The 304TL is a strange animal, filament-wise.  There are actually two
 filaments in each tube.  These filaments are five volt filaments.  You can
 hook the two sets up in parallel, and the tube will draw 5 v at 25 amps.
 You can also hook them up in series, and use a 10 v 12.5 amp transformer.
 Those are usually more available than the 5 v 25 amp variety.