[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Polystyrene and oil?

At 17:28 19/10/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Original Poster: David Huffman <huffman-at-fnal.gov>
>
>This is interresting to me because I plan to use some polystyrene 0.023" for
>a rolled cap. I guess age testing would be in order. I will place some in
>transformer oil and see what happens.
>Dave Huffman

Use a furnace to bake the samples while in oil: you'll get results in a few
hours. At
ambient temperature that would take several weeks.

My "results" made me to abandon PS for rolled caps and use instead HDPE.
Maybe I'll use in the future that PS for a plain foil cap.

 Marco Denicolai                   Vista Communication Instruments, Inc.
 Hardware Development Manager      www.vistacom.fi

 marco-at-vistacom.fi                 Kaisaniemenkatu 13 A
 fax:    +358-9-622-5610           SF-00100 HELSINKI
 phone:  +358-9-622-623-15         Finland

   Remember, Murphy was an optimist! I am not...