[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Polycarbonate Glue

> Acetone has no effect on it.  PVC glue does nothing to it and peals off like
> a sheet of paper when its dry.  Tried epoxy, polyester, super glue, bondo,
> model car glue, Methyl Ethyl Ketone Peroxide, acetone and none of them work.
> Any suggestion?

	If I were you, and if I were veeery motivated not to have to re-cut the
pieces
pieces from different stock, I'd try a thing called 'Goop.'

	I believe you're in US, so it should be pretty easy to find at a local
hardware store.  This stuff id the best glue in the world - really - and I'm a
member of the United States Duct Tape Team from waaay back....I don't
assert that
the solvent (perchloroethylene) will dissolve the polycarbonate, but I have
yet
to find *anything* that this glue will not stick to.  There's *nothing*
that can't
be fixed with this stuff....

	Also known as 'Plumber's Goop,' 'Shoe Goo,' 'Marine Goop,' 'Household
Goop,' and 'Automotive Goop,' this product is manufactured and marketed (under
all these names) by Eclectic Products, Inc., out of Pineville, LA.

	Once you avail yourselves to its virtues, you'll never accept less...

				;-P

						cw.