[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HV Caps for a first Coil

On Thursday, October 22, 1998 7:40 AM Guy and Bettina
<wilson-at-vossnet.de>  wrote:

> Question : Is there an "easy" first time cap that does not invole
>lots of $$ and fiddling around with oil ?  I will probably go for 1 or
> possibly 2 x 6000v at 50mA giving either 6000v or 12000v at 50mA so I
> need about 0,02uF or less.

Hi Guy, you could always use old window panes and make a glass/aluminum
foil cap
and you could reduce some of it's coronal leakage by pouring molten wax
all around the edges. Realize though they still have lousy power factor
and will heat up and waste energy.

                               Alfred A. Skrocki
                          Alfred.Skrocki.Sr-at-JUNO-dot-com
                 Visit my Do-It-Yourself Aquarium WEB page at:
                  http://WWW.GeoCities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/6251

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno-dot-com/getjuno.html
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]