[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: 5514 tubes, 811 tube amp

The venerable Collins 30-L1 HF amplifier uses four 811As for 1000 W output.
You could easily scare up  a 30-L1 at a ham radio flea market, or the
classified ads in QST magazine.  All you need to do is substitute your tank
coil (primary) and a tuning capacitor for the tank circuit of the 30-L1, and
supply a few watts of drive from a signal generator.  I have a 30-L1, but
I'm sorta using it for HF.

Will