[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Spark Gap Gasses Experiment

>Original Poster: Steve Rodway <Legion-at-bigfoot-dot-com>
>    At work we have a hydrogen spark gap with operates at up to 30atm
>pressure, it is not used with tesla coils, but it is in a capacitor discharge
>circuit, and the quenching is INCREDABLE, we can operate it with primary
>energies of 10's of joules per discharge with rep rates over 5KHz, and even
>then it is not the gap which is the limiting factor, but the system it is
>driving.

I'd be interested to hear any further details on this unit, especially
electrode material and geometry, gap spacing and voltage, and gas circulation
considerations.  Single or multiple gaps?  Any adjustability?  I take it this
is a commercially manufactured unit?  Are any spec's available?

Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA