[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Spark Gap Gasses Experiment

> I'd be interested to hear any further details on this unit, especially
> electrode material and geometry, gap spacing and voltage, and gas
circulation
> considerations.  Single or multiple gaps?  Any adjustability?  I take it
this
> is a commercially manufactured unit?  Are any spec's available?
>
> Gary Lau
> Waltham, MA USA

  Try EG&G's homepage.  From there funnel on down to the thyratron, spark
gap and
special purpose devices.  Lots O stuff there including dual use spook stuff
that
you can't have.  One of the little trigger tubes is touted on the webpage as
useful in attache case detonation initiators (probably for blasting the
contents
to atoms if it ain't opened by the guy who supposed to open it.).  They
give some
info on the technical side as well as detailed specs on devices.  It has
come a
long way from the simple company form by Doc Edgerton and his chums
Germshausen
and Greer.  These guys had problems with gas.  They shoved just about every
gas
into any tube they could devise and saw what it would do.  Every thing from
Xenon
flahlamps to Sprytrons came from those seeds.

Richard Hull, TCBOR