[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: "Oven elements arent cheap"

I looked at hot water heater elements at "Home Depot" when I was in the USA
in July.  They were $6.80 each for a 240V / 4500 Watt element.  Lower
wattage ones were a little cheaper.  Of course, you'd need to submerge them
in a bucket of water or oil.  My 5KVA pole pig is mostly empty space inside
(I looked).  When I return to the US, I'm plan to ballast it by putting hot
water heater elements right inside the upper part of the pig case, and then
add enough mineral oil to submerge them.  My pig & ballast will be a single
unit!

Greg