[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Protection from NST zap

I know we have probably dwelled on this subject for too long already.
But I am beginning to get a little spooked by what I have been reading
in the list about the horror stories involving electric shock.  Here's
the deal.  I haven't quite gotten to the point of building my own Tesla
Coil yet, but I am working on another high voltage project in which I
will probably need to use an NST.  (I may have mentioned this project to
a couple of people on the list already.)  In any case, I am a very
curious person and I am fascinated by the phenomena I have already seen
so far.  But as a lot of you probably know, I am very concerned about
safety.  So, since I am a beginner, and I am bound to make a stupid
mistake eventually, I have one specific question about NSTs.  Would
wearing rubber gloves provide any protection if I do happen to
mistakenly (and very carelessly) make contact with the ouput terminals?
Also, if there are any other safey precautions anyone can suggest to me
about working with NSTs, I would really appreciate all of them.  After I
have gained experience and a sense of intuition about the behavior of
electricity, I may remove my suit of armor.  But until then, I'll just
have to be on the side of (paranoia?)
A very much less confident experimenter
Chris T.

<<<< Chip's site at: www.pupman-dot-com  has a detailed safety sheet that was
compiled by many on this list - Terry >>>>